December 17, 2010

Guilt

The clock is frozen in the tower,
The thickening fog with sooty smell
Has blanketed the motor power
Which turns the London streets to hell;
And footsteps with their lonely sound
Intensify the silence round.

I haven't hope. I haven't faith.
I live two lives and sometimes three.
The lives I live make life a death
For those who have to live with me.
Knowing the virtues that I lack,
I pat myself upon the back.

With breastplate of self-righteousness
And shoes of smugness on my feet,
Before the urge in me grows less
I hurry off to make retreat.
For somewhere, somewhere, burns a light
To lead me out into the night.

It glitters icy, thin and plain,
And leads me down to Waterloo-
Into a warm electric train
Which travels sorry Surrey through
And crystal-hung, the clumps of pine
Stand deadly still beside the line.

19 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful poem. I enjoyed reading it and would love to read more. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you write this yourself? What is it about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really think this is amazingly well written. Really beautiful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow nice poem liked it. would surely love to read any more posts.

    Thanks,
    Nilesh Shukla

    ReplyDelete
  5. This truly is a very important blog. Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading it and would love to read more.Thanks for this very useful post this can help me a lot about my website.
    don
    lifestylemagz.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing such relevant topic with us. I really love all the great stuff you provide. Thanks again and keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has been a very significant blog indeed. I’ve acquired a lot of helpful information from your article. Thank you for sharing such relevant topic with us. I really love all the great stuff you provide. Thanks again and keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope it will be helpful to many people that are searching for this topic, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. After looking at a few of the blog articles on your site, I seriously appreciate your way of writing a blog.

    ReplyDelete